The Hamster's Wheel

Just a flow of my thoughts. A humble attempt to convey the theme that much of life is like a hamster's wheel, not all of our decisions are life-altering. Most of them don't really get us anywhere, but they're just fun.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Defending My Title

A response to Donna's comment:

Thanks for the comment, Miss Strickland. I've been told many times by friends that my life is really random, that the weirdest things happen to me. It's hard for me to argue, because this is the only life I've known, and it's always been this way. The comment made was that, as my life is unpredictable, I should rethink the metaphor in my title because a hamster's wheel doesn't go anywhere. But what is the purpose of a hamster's wheel? And what is the purpose of my blog? One common answer: It's just something to do. I understand that this blog isn't going to change the world, and that your life won't be any different if you discover the philosophy of Waldo, or read about my Pigpennish lifestyle. But that's what I want this blog to be. I don't want it to go anywhere, because it's just about random thoughts or occurances. If perhaps I were making a blog about politics or the entire state of mankind, maybe I would want to represent it wth something more directional than a wheel that goes nowhere. But this is a blog about the often unappreciated pleasure of nothingness, and seemingly nothingness in day to day life is something to which I think we can all relate. Want to kill some time? Have a go on the Hamster's Wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home