The Hamster's Wheel

Just a flow of my thoughts. A humble attempt to convey the theme that much of life is like a hamster's wheel, not all of our decisions are life-altering. Most of them don't really get us anywhere, but they're just fun.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl Flop

Sunday evening I had to work at my job at the Rec Center. I didn't get to do anything fun for the Superbowl, but I really wasn't that excited about it anyway, so it was fine. But the best part was that NO ONE was there. We have a TV on the wall near where I work, so I did get to watch the game. It was the easiest shift ever. Unfortunately for the Rec Center Event staff, they had guessed that people would be there. They had planned a big Super Bowl watch party in the Tiger Grotto, with snacks, prize giveaways, a huge screen projecting the game, and even a live DJ. As soon as I heard of this, I went to the Event staff and told them, "Nobody's gonna come to this. It's going to be a total failure." Of course, it was just like the old cliche scene in movies where the one scientist figures out that the world is gonna end and he brings his findings to the people in charge and they dismiss him. You know what I'm talking about? And they always kick him out while he's yelling about, "You have to listen to me!!!" Well that's exactly what happened to me. I told them it would be an utter failure and they sent me away. Now, I hate to say I told you so. BUT I FREAKING TOLD THEM SO! Nobody came, they threw away so much food, they cancelled the DJ, never gave away any prizes, and the Event Staff was just sitting around feeling stupid. The lady in charge who I had talked to came out of the "party" and said to me, "man, looks like a small turnout." and I replied, "Yeah, who would've thought?" She was pissed. I was satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home