The Hamster's Wheel

Just a flow of my thoughts. A humble attempt to convey the theme that much of life is like a hamster's wheel, not all of our decisions are life-altering. Most of them don't really get us anywhere, but they're just fun.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

What's it all about?

As I'm totally new to blogging, I'm still trying to find some direction with where I want to go with this blog. I like writing about my life because it's cathartic (I think I used that correctly), but then I began to think that nobody gives a damn about my life. But I started posting a kind of "my life" thing on Facebook, in the About Me section and I actually got a considerable response. It seems that I am exactly average in about every way. I get okay grades, but I have to work for them. I like sports, and I play alright but I was never the first one picked for the team. I read every now and then, but I'm in no way a scholar. I've had a few girls in my life, but I'm not what you'd call a player. Kind of funny, kind of nice, kind of smart, just kind of out there. And for that, people relate to me. Of course I've gotten into it with some liberals who just hate on kids that are fine with being ordinary, and some conservative kids have hated on me too, saying that I'm wierd. I just think I'm living a life of a normal college student. Classes, work, parties, friends, it's really not so tough being a middle class white guy. So my direction seems to be drifting into a blog that might be a social commentary on the city of Columbia. Entertaining (I hope), and useful (I hope moreso). Something you can relate to, and think about: The Life and Times of the Average Tiger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home